A lot of people criticize people my age for always saying that we are on our phones and never away from the internet. They call us digital citizens since we grew up with technology all around us. They criticize us for being the leading movement for AI and spurring forward robots that could one day take over the world. But I like to look at it differently.
It probably was the same when books were published and when books could also be read by females. They probably were scared that books would cause revolutions and thoughts that weren't "right" at the time. And books did just that- the main reason for the women's movement was that they were inspired by works of literature by other female authors. But we can't say that the women's movement was a bad one, heck it's still happening and women are still fighting for equality. It's because book gave us the idea, and it is our choice to follow it.
If AI is the next level after books and technology, then I believe this will allow us to access more information- we are the ones that choose what happens to the information after.
Back in the day, they probably also told girls to stop embroidering so much and to other things, like make candles while talking to other people. The same was when books came along. Now it's with phones. I don't think the increase in AI will really change the way we communicate. If anything, it's expanding the world that we live in and increases communication around the world.
In the end, we are still going to communicate, because AI hasn't increased to the point where it can procreate. So next time someone tells me to put down my phone and talk to people, I'm gonna look them dead in their eyes and tell them that their parents probably told them the same thing.

I agree about some when many people tell us that we are always on our phones or laptops a lot thinking that we are using them for dumb reasons. I also agree that no matter when people will do, the technology is still going to be there. So for those who do not like it, they should just learn to accept it.
ReplyDelete